If you or a loved-one are in your 50s or 60s, you may want to learn more about long-term care insurance. This is a good place to start, but for information tailored to your specific needs, please contact MIsner Benefits. We know what questions to ask, and can help you choose insurance that meets your needs.
Is Long-Term Care Insurance Right for You?
If you become chronically ill – because of a cognitive impairment, or because you’re unable to perform at least two activities of daily living without substantial assistance – long-term care insurance could help pay for the care you need. Depending on the level of care required, it may be provided in a nursing home, and alternate care facility, or even at your home.
In addition to helping pay the costs of long-term care, long-term care insurance may help to provide these benefits:
- Protect your savings and other assets
- Preserve your independence
- Exercise your own choices
- Avoid government dependence
- Maintain a better quality of life
The Costs and Risks of Long-Term Care
- A nursing home stay costs an average of $87,000 per year according to a recent, national study, and this is just one of many costs associated with long-term care.*
- If you’re unable to pay for long-term care when you or a loved one needs it, you may need to spend down your assets to become eligible for Medicaid to pay the costs of care.
- 70% of those over 65 will need long-term care at some point in their lives.*
- 40% of all adults in the United States require long-term care before they reach the age of 65.*
* From the Genworth 2014 Cost of Care Survey, conducted by CareScout®, 2014.
Learn More About Long-Term Care Insurance
If you’d like to know more about long-term care insurance, what it costs, how it works, and to purchase a policy, please call us at Misner Benefits at (845) 436-1910. We can answer any questions you may have and guide you in the right direction.